Senior Frontend Web Developer (m/f/d)
Since 2004 Storecast has been developing a wide range of digital sales tools for MediaMarkt and other software solutions for retail customers from all over Europe. Currently, the company employs over 40 qualified, ambitious and fun loving professionals. We are not only looking for a new employee with skills that fit our tech stack, but also for an agile-minded team player to join our Storecast family in Berlin. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and work together with open-minded people who are focused on sharing their knowledge and building great products.
Our team is growing and we are looking for proactive people who stay on top of current tech industry trends and want to extend our Continuous Delivery pipeline. If you are a software craftsman willing to work in an agile environment, we would love to hear from you!
You will join our frontend guild and one of our feature teams.
- Design, implement and maintain frontend features from the data layer to user experience and interaction.
- Groom in team to ensure technical solution fits into overall product architecture
- Work with product management to understand desired requirements and set the development plan
- Be part of the frontend guild to define company wide vision on technologies stack
Your everyday tasks will be to:
- Implement core features across our stack of frontend applications
- Write automation tests for your own code when it makes sense to
- Fix bugs that have slipped in "accidentally" ;)
- Review pull requests from your peers
- Share your knowledge and ideas with the rest of the team
- Proficiency in React and ecosystem around it.
- Proficiency in Typescript, you understand advantage of it and prefer to write strongly typed code always.
- You know how to build and bundle single page application with Webpack. Knowledge and experience with PWA is a plus.
- Experience working with Graphql.
- Experience working with HTML, CSS, web APIs.
- Ability to work with flux architecture, Redux (or a preference for a different "global" state management implementation).
- Hands on server-side development such as Koa, Express.
- Knowledge of CI/CD process and tools like Jenkins.
- Some "Git-Kung fu" is also required.
- Experience with automation ui tests and tools such as Cucumber and Puppeteer is a plus.
- You are not afraid to speak out your opinion, you know what an argument is. You know how to discuss in a friendly and thoughtful way.
- Fluent in English.
What are the benefits of Storecast?
- Comfortable office in Berlin-Mitte
- Equipment and hardware of your choice, including height adjustable desks
- Regular team and off-site events
- Free drinks, coffee and snacks + wide variety of subsidised lunch options
- Flexible working and option to work from home occasionally
- Opportunity to make great ideas come to life!