Full Stack Developer (m/f/d)
Since 2004 Storecast has been developing a wide range of digital sales tools for MediaMarkt and other software solutions for retail customers from all over Europe. Currently, the company employs over 20 qualified, ambitious and fun loving professionals. We are not only looking for a new employee with skills that fit our tech stack, but also for an agile-minded team player to join our Storecast family in Berlin. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and work together with open-minded people who are focused on sharing their knowledge and building great products.
We love the challenge to connect offline and online commerce successfully with each other. Our full stack team of 20 developers design the software that allows our clients to present information in a fast, efficient and engaging way. Our smart tools include electronic shelf labels, video walls, digital consultation tables etc.
- Groom in team to ensure technical solution fits into overall product architecture
- Maintain and develop new backend/API services using Java/Kotlin/Spring
- Design, implement and maintain frontend features from the data layer to user experience and interaction.
- Deploy containerized open source solutions using Kubernetes
- Be part of the Backend/Frontend Guilds, share your knowledge, discuss approaches and ideas with the rest of the team
- Work with product management to understand desired requirements and set the development plan
Your daily tasks:
- Implement core features across our stack of backend/frontend applications
- Write automation tests for your own code when it makes sense to
- Fix bugs that have slipped in "accidentally" ;)
- Review pull requests from your peers
- Share your knowledge and ideas with the rest of the team
- Practical experience with developing stable, well tested, monitored and well documented API and worker services
- Good knowledge of Java SE 8 and enterprise development, using Spring Framework and Hibernate
- Proficiency in React and ecosystem around it.
- Proficiency in Typescript, you understand advantage of it and prefer to write strongly typed code always.
- Experience working with HTML, CSS, web APIs.
- Practical experience with Docker
- Some "Git-Kung fu" is also required.
- Jenkins (Maintenance, building pipelines)
- Understanding and experience with common API communication protocols
- You are not afraid to speak out your opinion, you know what an argument is. You know how to discuss in a friendly and thoughtful way.
- Fluent in English
Nice to have (but not required):
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes
- Knowledge and experience with PWA
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Oracle DB, Flyway or Liquibase for DB migrations
- Raspberry / Low - Power Board development
- Experience with automation UI tests and tools such as Cucumber and Puppeteer is a plus.
What are the benefits of Storecast?
- Comfortable offices in Berlin-Mitte
- Equipment and hardware of your choice, including height adjustable desks
- Regular team and off-site events
- Free drinks, coffee and fruits + wide variety of subsidised lunch options
- Flexible working and option to work from home occasionally
- Opportunity to make great ideas come to life!